The website Jules Destrooper (hereafter: the “Website”) is an initiative of: Jules Destrooper (hereafter: “Jules Destrooper”)
- Name: Jules Destrooper
- Address: Gravestraat 5, 8647 Lo
- Telephone: +32 58 28 80 41
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Company number: 0426191967
1. WHY THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT?
Every person (hereafter the “data subject” and “YOU”) who uses the Website discloses certain personal data. Personal data includes information that allows Jules Destrooper to identify the data subject, regardless of whether we actually do this. The data subject is identifiable as soon as it is possible to create a direct or indirect link between one or more data items belonging to the natural person.
We only use and process your personal data in accordance with the Privacy Act and the other applicable regulations. Every reference in this Privacy Statement to the ‘Privacy Act’ is a reference to the Belgian Act of 30 July 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data. Every reference to the Regulation is a reference to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (the GDPR).
2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA?
Jules Destrooper is the controller and determines which personal data is collected, for what purpose this personal data is processed and by what means.
3. ON WHAT LEGAL GROUNDS ARE MY DATA PROCESSED?
In accordance with the Regulation and the Privacy Act we process personal data on the following legal grounds:
- On the basis of the execution of the contract agreed upon with you or the execution of pre-contractual steps taken at your request; or
- On the basis of compliance with legal or regulatory provisions with regard to the management of the contractual relationship;
- On the basis of your explicit prior consent to send promotional offers (direct marketing).
4. WHICH PERSONAL DATA ARE BEING PROCESSED?
Jules Destrooper commits to only collect and process your personal data that are necessary for achieving the purposes pursued by Jules Destrooper. A non-exhaustive list of personal data that might be processed can be found here:
- IP address (using cookies)
- First name and/or last name
- Address details
- E-mail address
- Information with regard to your location
More specifically, this concerns:
- Category 1: if you fill in a form on our website (e.g. contact form) or if you phone us: name, e-mail address, telephone number to ensure that your request is followed up, and in the case of telephone contact, our legitimate interests.
- Category 2: when orders are placed (by a business or consumer): name, e-mail address, address, telephone number required to fulfil the agreement you have requested.
- Category 3: when visiting our visitor centre, your name and e-mail address, if you provide them voluntarily in order to stay up to date with campaigns, workshops, and demonstrations by Jules Destrooper, with your explicit consent as the legal basis.
- Category 4: when participating in workshops or demos organised by Jules Destrooper: your e-mail address to be able to contact you and keep you informed about workshops and demos you have participated in or related campaigns based on our legitimate interest to inform existing customers.
- Category 5: when subscribing to the Jules Destrooper newsletter: your name and e-mail address to send you direct marketing, newsletters, campaigns, and promotions with your explicit consent.
- Category 6: to receive your name and e-mail address from a third party (Highco), if the data subject involved in Highco’s campaign gives explicit consent to receive campaigns and direct marketing from Jules Destrooper.
- Category 7: e-mail address of suppliers and partners to be able to send invitations to a visit to the visitor centre based on our legitimate interests.
5. FOR WHICH PURPOSES ARE MY PERSONAL DATA BEING USED?
Jules Destrooper collects personal data for the purpose of offering you a safe, optimised and personal user experience. The collection of personal data is further extended as you make more extensive use of the platform and our online services.
The processing of personal data is essential for the proper functioning of the platform and the provision of associated services. Processing is done exclusively for the following specific purposes:
- To allow the data subject access to his/her user profile;
- To manage the contractual relationship to which the data subject is a party (when placing an order and/or making a request by filling in a form);
- To offer and improve a general and personalised service; this includes invoicing purposes, offering information, newsletters and offers that are useful and/or necessary, with the legal basis of our legitimate interest with regard to existing customers or with your explicit prior consent if you are not yet a customer of Jules Destrooper, obtaining and processing user evaluations and providing support;
- To offer and improve the products delivered; personalised and specific products based on the information and data supplied;
- To detect and protect against fraud, errors and/or criminal behaviour;
- Marketing purposes, only if you have expressly agreed to this (opt-in) or if you are one of our existing customers (e.g. participation in workshop or demos).
When visiting the website of Jules Destrooper, some data is collected for statistical purposes. Such data is necessary to optimise the use of our website. This data is: IP address, probable location of consultation, hour and date of consultation and the pages that are visited. When you visit the Jules Destrooper Website, you may give your explicit prior consent to this.
The data subject always provides his/her personal data to Jules Destrooper and thus retains some control. If some data are incomplete or seemingly incorrect, Jules Destrooper retains the right to postpone certain expected actions temporarily or permanently.
The personal data is processed for internal use within Jules Destrooper.
6. WHO RECEIVES YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data are processed for internal use within Jules Destrooper. To process your personal data, personal data may be passed on / communicated to third parties: Craft CMS, Campaign Monitor, Distrimedia, Mollie.
Jules Destrooper has taken every legal and technical precaution to avoid unauthorised access to and use of the data.
If Jules Destrooper ever ceases or transfers its activities, that may mean that your personal data is transferred to third parties who will take over all or some of the activities. In that case, Jules Destrooper will always keep you informed in advance to the extent possible, but you understand that this is not technically or commercially feasible in all circumstances.
There are rare instances in which Jules Destrooper may be obliged to reveal personal data based on a court order or to comply with other binding laws or regulations. Jules Destrooper will make every attempt to inform you of this in advance unless it is not possible to do so for legal reasons.
7. HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your data is stored as long as necessary for the intended purposes of the data processing. They will be erased from our database as soon as they are no longer necessary for the ends pursued or if you validly exercise your right to erasure.
If you do not place an order for 5 years, we will remove your customer profile. We will retain your invoicing details for legal reasons for at least 10 years after the last invoice date.
Personal data of customers obtained through participation in a workshop or demo by Jules Destrooper or during a visit to the visitor centre is stored for a maximum of 5 years after the last enrolment or the last visit.
We store personal data that we receive from third parties (Highco) for a maximum of 5 years after the data subject has opted in to receive Jules Destrooper campaigns.
8. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
8.1 GUARANTEE OF A LEGITIMATE AND SECURE PROCESS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data are always processed for the legitimate purposes explained in point 5. They are collected and processed in an appropriate, relevant and non-excessive manner, and are not kept longer than necessary to achieve the intended purposes.
8.2 RIGHT TO ACCESS
If you can prove your identity, you have the right to obtain information about the processing of your data. Thus you have the right to know the purposes of the processing, the categories of data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the data are transmitted, the criteria used to determine the data retention period, and the rights that you can exercise on your data.
8.3 RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Inaccurate or incomplete personal data may be corrected. It is primarily the responsibility of the data subject to make the necessary changes in his/her "user space", but you can also send us a request to make the changes.
8.4 RIGHT TO ERASURE (OR “RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN”)
You also have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data under the following assumptions:
- Your personal data are no longer necessary for the intended purposes;
- You withdraw your consent to the processing and there is no other legal ground for processing;
- You have validly exercised your right of opposition;
- Your data has been illegally processed;
- Your data must be deleted to comply with a legal obligation.
The deletion of data is mainly related to visibility.
8.5 RIGHT TO LIMITATION OF PROCESSING
In certain cases, you have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your personal data, especially in case of dispute as to the accuracy of the data, if the data are necessary in the context of legal proceedings or the time required to Jules Destrooper to verify that you can validly exercise your right to erasure.
8.6 RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons that overrule the necessity of processing your data.
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Jules Destrooper will stop processing your personal data unless it can demonstrate that there are compelling legitimate reasons for the processing which prevail over your right to object.
8.7 RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
You have the right to obtain any personal data that you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. You also have the right to request the transfer of this personal data to another controller unless it is technically impossible to do so.
8.8 RIGHT TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT
You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, for example for direct marketing purposes.
9. HOW TO EXERCISE MY RIGHTS?
If you wish to exercise your rights, you must send a written request and proof of identity by registered mail to Jules Destrooper, Gravestraat 5, 8647 Lo or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond as soon as possible, and no later than one (1) month after receipt of the request.
10. POSSIBILITY TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
If you are not satisfied with the processing of your personal data by Jules Destrooper, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority.
Tel: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
Where appropriate, you may also seek recourse to the civil courts to demand compensation for damages.
11. Security of your personal data
Jules Destrooper takes the appropriate security measures to guarantee the security of your personal data in technical and organisational terms. Under no circumstances can Jules Destrooper be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from incorrect or unlawful use of the personal data by a third party.